We're moving along. Group 1 and 2 have completed their flashing stars. They are now reading about action script. It has left them a little insecure and confused this week. Then yesterday, Tyler yelled out that he "got it!" He was so excited that I asked if he wanted to film a short tutorial for the rest of the class. He was thrilled. I thought it would be a good tool for the other groups, especially the groups with only one period. Unfortunately, there was another class in our computer lab, so we decided to postpone our filming.
The second groups with only one class period are moving along as well. They are reading and starting to create their stars. Karri has figured it out, and ran from student to student giving a mini tutorial. The tutorials are a little challenging for the students whom do not like to read. A couple of students have become computer buddies reading through the tutorial. I thought this was a good modification strategy.
Me, I'm feeling the students are beginning to go beyond my understanding of flash. This leaves me a bit uncomfortable in class, because I want to be able to answer their questions. I have to remind myself that this is a good PBL, and they are going to learn by exploring and doing it for themselves.
Friday, October 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
It is great PBL and somehow we need to learn to deal. All of us as teachers want to know our subject and be in control of the class. In this course we have to give up some of that control and let the students be the guide. Not a re-assuring thought. However from experience it is very rewarding. Just remember to be honest with the students and let them know that you don't know. Keep up the good work.
Post a Comment