Finally, finally, finally! After three attempts at trying to upload, then download The Guitar Heroes' paper prototype, I was finally able to do it at 11:00 p.m. tonight! The internet at our school has become sporadic, which has made uploading/downloading nearly impossible.
We're a bit stressed at our school, because we have so many grants going on at the same time. We're a model school, which means lots of training and implementation of new technology, PBLs, teaching strategies and techniques. We have the state EETT grant that I am associated with; the Globaloria; and an Afterschool grant running at this time. Our equipment is beginning to flow in, which is exciting. I tested our chalkboard tonight. It is an AMAZING tool! It easily replaces the Smartboard. Anyway, I 'm rambling on because the other grants have affected some of my time in Globaloria. I missed the webinar tonight because I was at the grocery store buying food for our Afterschool program that will be launched to the parents tomorrow. I'm feeling absolutely terrible about missing the webinar. But I am also thankful and absolutely grateful for the technology of today, because I will have the opportunity to log into the wiki and really not miss any information discussed.
Today in Globaloria we filmed the Gamevision group's paper prototype. I tried, again, to upload/download The Guitar Heroes paper prototype with no success at school. I was able to transfer their presentation from the flip camera to my computer while at school; then used my internet connection at home to upload/download the video onto Teachertube and then the wiki. I know they will be happy to see the outcome of their work. In class, Tyler is thrilled because he took a bouncing ball and had it ricochet off an imaginary wall into a black hole. It was terrific. The whole class gathered around to see it. Phyllis is also excited because she is mastering the layering on Flash. She gave a mini-tutorial to Tyler and Chelsea. We wanted to get the Fourth Column's new group picture since we lost Chris from the group, and picked up Cody. Unfortunately, Dillon was absent so we'll need to postpone. Cody is catching on quickly, and fits right in the class. He navigates easily in the wiki and blogging. He is currently filling out his community issues.
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
This is great--You guys are doing so much it is great to see. I am anxious to see the new videos. Keep up the good work.
Post a Comment