Thursday, April 23, 2009

It's already April??

Time is flying. Is April really here already? When I listened to Maitreyi talk during today's webinar about the schedule for final presentations at the different schools, it made me reflect to August when all this started for me. I remember sitting with Inga in CPD in Charleston trying to make out the course timeline for the year, and not knowing what the heck I was doing. Denise sat beside us (thank you! Denise), and showed us how it was done. Wow! Inga and I have come a long way since then. Inga has lead us well, and here we are ending April and planning our final presentation.
We have had a busy week in Globaloria. Tuesday was our presentation to the Board of Education. The students were enlightening and entertaining before the Board. They explained blogging, wiki-ing, and their games. I filmed the presentation, and Inga posted it on our wiki. It was a very successful meeting. The following day I had a visit from the State EETT (Enhancing Education Through Technology) grant coordinator. I took her around to the different classrooms demonstrating our technology use throughout the school. I was so happy she was present during our Globaloria periods! She asked poignant questions, including what CSOs we were covering. She informed us that there was discussion about Globaloria in their office, and she had questions from other members of the State department. She walked around to each group's laptop, at which time students proudly showed her their game progress. She was impressed. Then we had a repeat when, on the following day, which was today, we had a visit from the grant monitor. I had to manipulate a little with the time in order to get her in at the time Globaloria started today. I had already given her the school's technology tour, stalled, and watched the clock for Glob to start up, then brought her in. I knew it would wow her ... and it did. The kids were great, again.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You have come a long way and I am happy to be part of that. You are both exciting to work with and I love seeing what your students are doing. Keep up the good work.